To state the obvious, every meal starts with food. The selection, storage, and preparation of food are the most basic cooking skills and lead to successful meals.
There’s a lot to consider in gathering food for your kitchen, such as:
- What are the basic food staples that every kitchen should have?
- What are the keys to storing different types of food (dry goods, meat, vegetables)?
- How long can food be kept before using it?
- What are the keys to freezing food, and how long does that food last?
- What are common food substitutes?
- What does that food taste like?
These are just a few of the basic questions, and there are many more. People have individual tastes, but also like to explore new tastes.
- What are the basic staples of a vegan diet?
- How can I make delicious vegetarian meals?
- What are some new food staples from different cultures that would be exciting to try?
We have gathered all the resources you need into the Food section of our site. Storage, selection, freshness, flavors, and many more components of food are gathered here.