Probably one of the most notable benefits of juicing is the fact that it can ramp up your energy levels – sometimes even better than coffee. With a delightful flavor and a nutrient-dense body, natural juices also make a wonderful snack option, and excellent replacement for your morning cup of coffee.
In this guide we will over some of the best juicing recipes for energy and fruits and vegetables that you should consider when making your juice.
Best Juicing Recipes For Energy
Packed with important nutrients that can help improve your body’s functions, natural juices give you endless possibilities for creating your own combos of fruits and vegetables to suit your taste.
Here are a few juicing recipes for energy that we've come across:
Sneaking in a small amount of iron and vitamin K, this juice recipe will give you an energy boost, working even better than your regular cup of coffee.
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 3 fresh leaves of kale
- 1 cup green grapes (seedless)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water
Combine the kale, cucumber, grapes and kale in the blender, and mix well. Add water as needed to thin the drink. Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
Green Juice Detox
If you want to successfully detoxify your body and also get a boost of energy, you will want to check out this nutrient-dense juice recipe below.
- 1 large apple (chopped)
- 5 large leaves of kale (ribs discarded and chopped)
- 1 lemon (pith and zest removed)
- 1 piece of ginger (about 2.5 cm in size)
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
Push all the ingredients through your blender or juicer machine. Add about 120 ml of water to thin it, and top with a fresh mint leaf.
Best Vegetables And Fruits For Energy
- Bananas – Bananas are relatively low in calories, but they pack important amounts of antioxidants that help fight free radical damage and eliminate bodily toxins. Moreover, bananas are easily digestible, which means that their sugar will enter your body quickly for a rapid energy boost.
- Citrus Fruits – From lemons to limes, oranges, mandarins and pomelo, citrus fruits will give you a great energy boost due to their rich content of vitamin C. This vitamin contributes to forming amino acids, which are precursors to chemicals that regulate your energy levels. Depleted vitamin C levels will result in fatigue, so adding citrus fruits to your juices will certainly help elevate your energy. See our guide on the best oranges for juicing to help you select a variety of great oranges. SEE ALSO: Can Orange Juice Go Bad?
- Spinach – As one of the most popular leafy green vegetable, spinach packs important amounts of iron, which is known for its energy-boosting properties. At the same time, spinach contains antioxidants and other vitamins that help ensure your body is working well.
- Apples – Although they contain fiber that is harder to digest, apples still contain vitamins C and B, plus potassium, which can give you the much-needed energy boost. Ideal if you want your juices to be sweeter, apples will certainly make your juicing experience taste much better. Click here for our guide on the Best Apples For Juicing.
- Almonds – Packed with copper, protein, riboflavin and manganese, almonds are a handy snack to chew on when foods cravings give in. When added to your juice, almonds will regulate energy levels and ensure that energy is flowing throughout your body by neutralizing toxins within cell.
How Does Juicing Give Your Energy?
When eating heavily-processed meals, you might get a feeling of tiredness and fatigue that will prevent you from properly focusing on your tasks.
Due to being rich in calories, carbohydrates, fat and other toxins that are difficult to process for your liver, your body will allocate more energy to successfully breaking them down and digesting them.
Natural juices pack huge amounts of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can be instantly digested and absorbed into your system.
The absence of fiber makes it easier for your organs to access these nutrients, which will make you feel lighter and also more energized. The effect can be noticed immediately after drinking the juice, as you will experience a “buzz” going through your entire body.
Helps Restore Your Body’s pH Value
At the same time, natural juices help restore your body’s normal pH level, which is absolutely critical to ensuring that your body functions well.
The Standard American Diet is extremely acidic, as it consists of processed foods, sugar, coffee, tea, alcohol, and several others. Due to being acidic, these foods will negatively impact your body’s normal pH values, which should be slightly alkaline, measuring approximately 7.4.
Once your body’s environment becomes more acidic, bacteria will be more likely to overgrow, which could result in life-threatening diseases that can have a very negative effect on your health.
The reason why you are feeling tired when your pH drops below 7 is because your body will attempt to restore alkalinity by cannibalizing alkaline minerals in your body (e.g. calcium, magnesium, potassium), which will obviously deplete your vital organs.
Natural juices are rich in alkaline minerals that will help restore your body’s pH levels. This will give you an instant energy boost while also ensuring that you will no longer be prone to developing specific diseases such as cancer.
Replenishes Your Body’s Water Levels
Fatigue is often a sign of dehydration, which can occur when your diet is excessively acidic, or when you are not drinking the recommended 9-10 cups of water a day. Natural juices are rich in liquids that help replenish your body’s water levels, hence energizing you very quickly.
Many of the nutrients and antioxidants in raw juices help fight free radical damage and eliminate bodily toxins, which will also give you an energy boost and improve your health as well.
There are endless possibilities for making energy juices, which means that you can always mix up your own combos of fruits and vegetables to suit your taste and make the most of your juicing experience.
Remeber: To Be Efficient, Juicing Must Be Complemented by a Balanced Diet
Did you enjoy this guide? Let us know in the comments with your favorite juicing recipes for energy and weight loss.