Death Wish Coffee is an organic, fair trade coffee that delivers 59 mg of caffeine per fluid ounce, 5 times as much as a regular cup of coffee and slightly less than espresso.
They do this by a combination of the right beans and the proper roasting time and temperature.
Death Wish coffee is selected and roasted by people who know and love coffee. Their commitment to organic beans and fair trade purchase make this coffee a unique product in the wide world of boutique coffees.
Fans of extreme caffeine will appreciate the option to break away from sugary energy drinks and enjoy a beverage that is organic and good for everyone in the supply chain.
The Death Wish Product Line
- Death Wish Coffee K-cups for use in Keurig coffee makers in both original Death Wish or the Valhalla OdinForce Blend
- Bulk buyers will appreciate the 5 pound size in both original and Valhalla, available in ground coffee or whole bean.
- For the winter months, a seasonal whole bean Hot Toddy blend is an option for cold winter sipping. This bean is infused with whiskey while still green and includes hints of apple and cinnamon.
- All ground Death Wish coffee will work in your reusable K-cup.
Is Death Wish Coffee Good?
Coffee has been around for a long time, and caffeinated beverages have been keeping humans humming along for several centuries.
Death Wish offers an efficient way to get a healthy amount of caffeine for the entire day in one cup.
- 400 mg of caffeine per day is the upper limit of healthy intake for adults.
- 8 ounces of Death Wish is currently the strongest coffee on the market and will fulfill that amount.
- If you’re working to kick an energy drink habit, Death Wish coffee offers you an organic option.
- Fair trade coffee is good for economic opportunity of coffee farmers all over the world.
- Death Wish K-cups are completely recyclable.
- The Death Wish line of coffee products are designed and roasted to provide maximum coffee boost in a pleasant, aromatic cup. You don’t need to consume an over-brewed, unpleasantly bitter beverage to gain your caffeine boost.
Not So Good
- Extreme amounts of caffeine can be fatal. More than 8 ounces of the world’s strongest coffee will put you over the safe threshold of 400 mg of caffeine per day. Anything more than that can lead to nausea, irritability, high levels of anxiety, and an elevated heart rate.
- Building up a high tolerance of caffeine can make caffeine withdrawal a brutal experience. Weaning yourself off caffeine takes time; quitting cold turkey will make you miserable.
- Fans of “energy drinks” loaded with caffeine and sugar do themselves harm by ingesting more caffeine than the body can process in a short span of time.
- While this jolt of caffeine may cause a tremendous energy boost when taken, it overloads the bodies cleanup system, including liver and kidneys, from efficiently regulating the amount of caffeine in your system.
- Regularly ingesting the Death Wish coffee caffeine content may lead to a roller coaster cycle of energy, where the initial buzz is followed by energy crashes.
Death Wish Coffee FAQs
How much caffeine is in Death Wish coffee?
59 mg per ounce, or just under 500 mg in an 8 ounce cup of coffee.
Can I use this for iced coffee or cold brew?
Yes, but be aware that the flavor may be stronger than other blends.
Will this work in our reusable K-cup? You can use Death Wish or Valhalla coffee in any coffee maker or reusable pod.
Is Death Wish coffee acidic?
It’s no more acidic that other dark roasts.
Is Valhalla darker than the Original Death Wish Coffee?
Death Wish is a darker roast with a stronger coffee flavor. If you like the boost of Death Wish but don’t want bitterness, try the Valhalla.
The Super Bowl premiere of the Death Wish coffee commercial has put a great business in the national spotlight. Drinkers of highly caffeinated energy drinks now have an option to break away from overly sweetened and chemical laden beverages to an organic drink that pays a fair wage to the producer.